Sunday 11 March 2018

10th March 2018. Great Orme SOTA Activation visit.

GW/NW-070. 10th Mar 2018.
Grid SH 767833, Altitude 207M.

My first SOTA Activation of the Great Orme, The journey through Llandudno was very busy with a few road works and I thought I was here in mid summer with so many tourists about.
I had heard that there was possible Pager break through so I opted on my Yaesu FT-817 just in case. I parked at the Summit car park and paid £1 for up to 2 hours parking.

Looking at the photo I think I forgot to shave this morning lol. The walk from the car park to the summit is only a few minutes, when I arrived I found out how windy the summit can be. I decided to set up slightly down the hill out of the wind as seen in the middle photo above.
I managed to only get 7 chasers logged but that was enough to finish the day off with another new unique summit bagged for me.

Maybe one day I will spend a lot more time there with HF and a vertical like (Mike) 2E0YYY. That is for another day in the future. 


No comments:

Post a Comment