Saturday 2 March 2019

2nd March 2019. SOTA Activation GW/MW-004.

Today's SOTA Activation.
GW/MW-004. 23rd February 2019.
Altitude 611 M. Grid SN 798771.

Today was a revisit to Pen y Garn GW/MW-004 for the third visit. As usual I left home around 06:30 a.m. and started my 2 hour journey in to Wales. I parked at grid SN 80094 77689 close to the wind turbines and started a steady 25 minute walk up as I was accompanied by my XYL Michelle.

The 2M band was not very active and I only managed 4 QSO's all into Wales. I then tried my hand on HF, not realising that it was wall to wall contest stations. I did managed 3 QSO's OM1AX (Vlado), SV2HSY (Makis) and OH3GZ (Jack).
Thank you to all of the chasers for helping me complete the activation.

The weather was not great and the wind was making it a very cold activation, especially for Michelle sitting in the cairn just watching. I suggested going for a run but she just looked at me funny Hi Hi.


No comments:

Post a Comment