Sunday 25 August 2019

24th August 2019. GW/NW-032

GW/NW-032, Carnedd y Filiast 24th August 2019.
Altitude 669M. Grid SH 871445.

My first visit to Carnedd y Filiast to add another unique summit to my ever growing list. I left home (Telford) at 7.00 a.m. and headed towards Bala North Wales. Once I arrived at Bala I turned onto the A4212 and started towards the Llyn Celyn Reservoir.
2 1/2 kms before you arrive at the reservoir turn right onto the B4501, Follow this for another 3 kms and turn left at Nant-y-cyrtiau. From here the track is single lane with only a few passing places in parts. This track is about 9 kms long and you have to open 4 or 5 gates on route.
I eventually parked at the foot of Foel Frech at 9.15 a.m.


The weather was great around 25 degrees but the bog walking was not my favorite. I have uploaded my GPX route on SOTA Mapping project. I would use my descent route for ascent and descent if I went again.
I managed to have everything set up and had a coffee by 10.55 a.m. The route took me just a little over an hour.

I started with a S2S with GW8NZN/P (Dave) on GW/NW-004 followed GW4VPX/P (Allan) on GW/MW-020. Then shortly after with G7OEM/P (Tony) on G/SP-014. It was going to be a good activation with S2S's as I followed these up with EI/WN3F (Roy) on EI/IE-022, OE5JKL/P (Karl) on OE/SB-207 and finally HB9CMC/P (Friedrich) on HB/SG-017. Thank you to all of the S2S's and the chasers that I managed to work.




1 comment:

  1. Cheers, pleasure to talk to you and get your S2S call on my first SOTA activation!

    ReplyDelete