Monday 24 December 2018

22nd December 2018. GW/SW-041 SOTA Activation visit.

GW/SW-041 22nd December 2018.
Grid SO 255350 Altitude 703M.

My second visit to The Black Mountains (Brecon Beacons), this time with winter bonus points. I decided to make an early day start and left my home QTH (Telford) at 6.00 a.m.


I arrived at the car park at grid SO 23954 37335 at 07.43 a.m. so it was not a too bad of a journey. The hardest part of this summit is the initial walk up to Hay Bluff. This took me about 25 minutes with a few little breaks for photos and a quick breather.

I had arrived at the summit and set up for 9.00 a.m. I was going to use 30M CW first as this had saved me at my last activation. I managed to log 5 CW QSO's, including Germany, France, Sweden and Czech Republic. Thank you all of the CW operators for being patient with me and my slow Morse code.
At the end of the activation I had managed the following contacts:
10 Mhz x 5 CW
14 Mhz x 2 SSB
7 Mhz x 6 SSB
145 Mhz x 9 FM
I also managed to hold 3 S2S's on 2M with GW0VPX/P,(Allan), MW6BWA/P(Vicki) and MW0JLA/P(Rod). Thank you to all chasers and the summit to summit contacts.
Happy Christmas to all and hope to catch you on the next summit. I hope to activate two more summits before the end of the year.



No comments:

Post a Comment